Warm Apple Tart set in Club Cinnamon Bondi Chai Custard
Makes 6-8 tartlets or one 22cm tart
- 6-8 apples (Granny Smith variety), peeled, cored and quartered or sliced
- 2 sheets of fresh puff pastry or the “Pampas” brand
- 1 tablespoon of ground hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of sultanas
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam, thinned with a little water
- 150ml milk
- 100ml cream
- 20 grams flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 30 grams Bondi Chai Club Cinnamon
- 50 grams sugar
- Tip of a knife of salt
- 100ml cream, whipped
- Cinnamon sugar (1 part cinnamon to 2 part sugar)
- To make the custard dissolve the Bondi Chai Club Cinnamonand flour into the milk, then add the eggs, sugar, salt and cream. Mix well.
- Line the buttered tart mould(s) with the puff pastry and sprinkle the ground hazelnuts, sultanas and the grated lemon zest into the base(s).
- Arrange the apple slices on top and cover with the custard.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden and crisp (best results are obtained by using oven with a good ”below” heat source).
- Take out of the mould(s) and allow the tart(s) to cool down to room temperature.
- Brush the apricot jam over the surface, cut tart into even wedges and garnish with whipped cream and dust with the cinnamon sugar.
Serve at room temperature (avoid refrigerating if possible).